For the final polishing step, where the very last deformations have to be removed, sub-micron sized oxide polishing suspensions are used.
For general applications alumina suspension is used, and for the more demanding applications silica suspensions are the best choice.
The silica suspensions perform a chemical-mechanical polishing action. During polishing, the sample surface is slightly attacked. The resulting layer is removed by the sub-micron silica grains, leaving the sample surface absolutely deformation-free.
We offer a wide selection of silica and alumina suspensions for the final polishing of different materials:
• The super fine grained colloidal silica or the slightly coarser fumed silica suspensions
• Grain sizes from 0.050 μm to 0.2 μm (50 to 200 nm)
• Unique system to prevent crystal formation
• Our unique water-free suspension of 0.2 μm fumed silica
• The neutral alumina suspension